Welcome to Independent Living Vernon!
OUR OFFICE IS OPEN MONDAY TO THURSDAY 8:30 - 4PM. CLOSED FOR LUNCH NOON - 12:30
To create sustainable community links, to work for societal change, and to remove barriers so that people with disabilities have the opportunity to realize their full potential.
19th Annual Cycling for Independence
Sunday, May 6
Great opportunity for avid cyclists or people looking for a fun weekend morning, to help raise funds to support the youth group at Independent Living Vernon.
Crank hammer bike route - 42km starts at 8:30am
Fun bike route - 18km starts at 9:30am
Family route - 13km starts at 10:00am
So there are different routes to fit the cyclists ability.
$40 registration fee includes: free T-shirt, free massage from a certified massage college, and free lunch. Get a team together from non-profits, schools, or sports teams and keep 50% of the pledges raised.
To register call 250-545-9292 or print Annual Cycling for Independence Registration and Pledge Form 2018.doc
or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Five Basic Principles of Independent Living
1.Consumer Control-the services provided at Independent Living are controlled by a Board of Directors with a majority of its members being people with disabilities.
2. Cross Disability: the centre addresses the needs of all people with disabilities regardless of the disability type.
3. Community Based: the centre responds to local community needs.
4. Integration: the centre promotes full participation of people with disabilities in the Community.
5. Non-profit- the centre functions to meet stated goals and objectives without a profit motive.
Board of Directors Nomination Kit
If you are interested in becoming a member of the ILV Board of Directors, this is a link to the Nomination Kit which holds information for this. Board Nomination Kit May 2017.doc
Youth Opportunities Unlimited (YOU Group)
Please have a look on the tab "What we do" and then click on "Peer Support" for further information.
Great sessions to come check out!
Youth Transitioning Support Drop-in
- Youth with disabilities transitioning into adulthood.
- Discover different avenues you can take and choices you can make
- Support with navigating through this process
Thursdays, 2:00 - 4:00pm or by appointment.
For more information please contact Crystal Williams by phone at 250-545-9292 or e-mail email@example.com