What We Do
We are a resource centre that assists People with Disabilities providing social support and information referral.
We have two Registered Social Workers here at the office who assist with completing the applications for Provincial Disability and provide assistance and information about applying for other disability services. Also providing information about...
Registered Disability Savings Plan
Consider opening an RDSP if you have a long-term disability and are:
- Under age 60
- A Canadian resident with a Social Insurance Number (SIN);
- Eligible for the Disability Tax Credit
- Grants and Bonds available under age 50
The plan is meant to help you save for the future:
- The Government will pay a matching Canada Disability Savings Grant of up to $3,500 a year on your contributions.
- Also, the Government will pay a Canada Disability Savings Bond of up to $1,000 a year into the RDSPs of low-income and modest-income Canadians.
- Money paid out of an RDSP will not affect your eligibility for federal benefits, and will have little or no impact on provincial social assistance payments.
Programs we offer are:
Disability Parking Permit Program
Youth Opportunities Unlimited
Youth Transitioning Support Drop-in
Friendship Peer Support
Alternative approach to the traditional medical/rehabilitation service delivery model.
-promotes and encourages an attitude of self direction in consumers so they can negotiate and access the community services and resources they require in order to participate as equal citizens in their community.
-recognizes the rights of individuals with disabilities to assume risks and make choices.
We need you!!!
Please take a moment to fill out a survey about ILV and let us know how we can serve you better!
After filling it out, please send your answers to Crystal Williams.email@example.com