What We Do - Peer Support
Youth Opportunities Unlimited (Y.O.U.) Peer Support Program for Youth with Disabilities
What has untapped potential?
Has unlimited diversity?
Will expose untold stories?
If you would like to find out and:
* YOU are a Youth between the ages of 18-29.
* YOU would like to meet other individuals with disabilities who have similar interests.
* YOU would like an opportunity to build on your skills or share yours with others (ie. Community Networking, Independent Choices, Career Paths, Leadership Skills).
* YOU would like the opportunity to be encouraged and supported in a safe comfortable environment.
Time: Tuesday afternoons @ 3:30 pm to 5:30 pm
Location: Independent Living Vernon 3402 - 27th Ave.
March & April Calendars for YOU
* Once per month the YOU Group will be going out to dinner at a local restaurant or making a meal. This further enhances the social networking of the group in the community, and supporting growth of independent living skills.
For further resources for Youth with Disabilities Transitioning to Adulthood please check out the following file. Youth Transitioning Resources.pdf
Friendship Peer Support meets Fridays 12:30-2:30pm
* Meet with other individuals with disabilities for social support.
* A variety of games are played.
* Are free to come & go at your own pleasure.